Monofloral honeys are a type of honey which has a distinctive flavor or other attribute due to its being predominantly from the nectar of one plant species. While there may never be an absolute monofloral type, some honeys are relatively pure due to the prodigious nectar production of a particular species, such as citrus (orange blossom honey), or there may be little else in bloom at the time. Beekeepers learn the predominant nectar sources of their region, and often plan harvests to keep especially fine ones separate.
Five Benefits of Honey:
- Honey is full of nutrients & antioxidants providing a large range of health benefits (antibacterial, healing, antioxidants, nutritional, digestive, antiseptic, respiratory, anti-inflammatory, etc.).
- Old civilizations used honey to cure bowel diseases and to heal wounds (by Grec, Roman, Egyptian & Chinese).
- Honey contains naturally vitamins & minerals which help to restore health, and protect defenses.
- Honey is considered as a valuable therapy to cure burns, it has been shown that application of honey can accelerate the healing of wounds and sores.
- French & international doctors today agree on honey benefits . In France, Thyme honey is used for its healing properties.
FAMILLE MARY is the French Honey specialist since 1921.